Halff has had an existing continuing services contract with Okaloosa County, Florida since 2005. As part of the continuing services contract, Halff has completed multiple tasks in the specialty area of Intelligent Transportation Systems and Traffic Management. Notable tasks completed for Okaloosa County include the following:
- Okaloosa County Fiber Optic Network – Designed and prepared construction documents for the current fiber optic network. Included fiber connection to all County buildings, traffic signal controllers at 46 intersections, CCTV cameras, and weather stations. The network was designed to support large bandwidth and a self-healing ring configuration to provide redundancy.
- Advanced Transportation Management System Expansion – Underground fiber optic communication network for multiple expansion phases of the Okaloosa County Regional Transportation Management System.
- Okaloosa County Transportation Management Center (TMC) – Halff provided preliminary design documents for the new TMC. The new facility will contain a large video wall utilized to monitor live traffic conditions via existing CCTV cameras throughout the county. Halff is currently working on the final design of the TMC to be attached to the existing Emergency Operations Center.
- Multiple Signal Retiming Tasks – Latest project included evaluation, analysis, and recommendations for retiming State Road 20 corridor in Niceville, Florida. Before and after travel time study showed an average decrease of 10.8% overall for weekday and 22.4% for PM peak traffic.
- Intelligent Transportation Systems
Ready to work with Halff? Simply fill out the form to be directed to the best person at Halff to discuss your interests.