Harris County Toll Road Authority
Phase 2 of the Tomball Tollway project begins at FM 2920 and ends at Spring Creek (Harris County/Montgomery County line). This segment will include six toll lanes (main lanes), two-to-three-lane frontage roads and eight bridge structures.
Halff was contracted by Harris County Toll Road Authority (HCTRA) to provide construction engineering and inspection services for the project’s duration. Onsite staff includes one field engineer and two inspectors.
Tasks performed by the field engineer include the following:
- Coordinate and execute field design changes.
- Respond to requests for information (RFIs) and onsite questions by the contractor.
- Review and develop change orders.
- Review and recommend monthly pay estimates.
- Inspect daily construction activities and verify daily construction activity reports.
- Monitor the contractor’s operations for conflicts with utilities.
- Coordinate with/between HCTRA, designers, TxDOT, MCTRA, City of Tomball and the contractor.
Tasks performed by inspectors include the following:
- Oversee work performed by the contractor and subcontractors and verify the work is completed per plans and specifications.
- Record daily activities and pay items (with quantities) in daily inspection reports.
- Construction Services
Ready to work with Halff? Simply fill out the form to be directed to the best person at Halff to discuss your interests.