Central Sumter Utility Company
The scope of work for the Central Sumter Utility Company included preliminary and final design, preparation of construction plans, permitting and construction management for a new 1.60 mgd wastewater treatment plant. The project also included master planning of all facilities and components for expansion to ultimate flows.
The facility utilizes the EIMCO Carrousel denitlR biological process. Tertiary treatment is provided and 100% of acceptable effluent is utilized for irrigation of golf courses. The plant design consisted of the following major components:
- Headworks with mechanical screening and flow splitting
- Surge tank
- Odor control
- Aeration via an oxidation ditch, clarification filtration, disinfection
- Sludge dewatering via a belt press
- Effluent holding
- Standby power generation
- Effluent distribution
- Pumping and backup disposal via RIBs
- Water/Wastewater Treatment
Ready to work with Halff? Simply fill out the form to be directed to the best person at Halff to discuss your interests.